Tuesday 30 June 2009

Youth of China Movement

Follow your heart. I know a lot of my friends, who have families with strict morals, not allowing them to choose what they wish to take for their major in college/university for different reasons. What are they to do in this situation? Where’s that fine line between going for your dreams and respecting your parent’s wishes? What about those with little, and almost no choice? We certainly must look at it from the parent’s point of views, the initial reason they want their kids to take subjects such as accounting, business, economy, or finance for example is because they believe by taking that specific major, their kid’s future can have a better chance at success. The reason they’re making their kids follow their suggestion is for their kid’s own good, is because they care. Yet at the same time it is quite unfortunate my friends cannot choose what they want to study, although my mom still until today like to remind me of what stupid decision I made for choosing psychology, I couldn’t care less. So where’s the fine line between respecting your parent’s wishes and going for your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment